The latest iOS 7 operating system from Apple is quite an improvement over previous versions.
The sad part though is that it still lacks severely in terms of additional functionality that iPhone users have been enjoying for quite some time now. The latest iOS is quite disappointing as far as jailbroken iPhone users are concerned and they will most probably be jailbreaking their iPhones after installing the update as well. In fact, there may even be many more users who get sick and tired of waiting for Apple to improve personalization options and finally jailbreak their iPhones. When you jailbreak your iOS 7 device, you will be able to install any of the 3rd party Cydia apps available there. Apps which are rejected by Apple usually end up here. You can also customize your iPhone a great deal after it is jailbroken.
Now, let’s take a look at a couple of the apps you can use when you jailbreak your iPhone:
1. Browser chooser
Are you tired of using Safari for all your surfing needs? With this app you can change the default web browser on your iPhone to another web browser installed at the time. This would make life a lot easier wouldn’t it? Apple does have its reasons for locking Safari in though. They would want to promote their own browser on their devices. But we all know it isn’t the best mobile browser out there don’t we?
Almost every iPhone user has cursed Apple for locking the Newsstand application on their home screen. Not many Apple users use this feature and this is another example of Apple just trying to push some of its other products down their customer’s throats. Lucky for you, with this app you can finally remove the newsstand app from your home screen. Good riddance.
The above mentioned apps might just be the perfect solution to two of the biggest problems faced by iPhone users. Just imagine what else a jailbroken iPhone can do.
Don’t be swayed by Apple when you hear them claim that jailbreaking your iPhone can cause a lot of problems in your device and may even lead to stability issues. The only truth in what they say is that they will void the warranty if your iPhone is jailbroken. Apart from that you have nothing to worry about. I hate to say this, but jailbreaking has been around for more than 5 years around and if it actually did cause problems in the iPhone, someone would have spoken up about it by now.
And as far as the warranty problem is concerned, there is a very simple solution for that as well. All you need to do is take a backup of your original iOS through iTunes before jailbreaking it. This way, you can just restore the original iOS to your iPhone whenever you need to visit an Apple service station and no one will get to know that you had once jailbroken your iPhone. So what are you waiting for? Jailbreak your iPhone today.
- The Appropriate Cydia Apps On Your Jailbroken Iphone Probably Th… (cydiaapps74.wordpress.com)
- Jailbreak iOS 7.0.3 Untethered On iPhone 5, 4S, iPod touch And All Other Devices Using Ev0Ra1n [Tutorial] (iphone5newsblog.com)
- iOS 7 Jailbreak Status: What’s Done And Why a Release Date is Unknown (gottabemobile.com)
- iOS 4.1 jailbreak arrives, but do you want it? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Op-Ed: Preserve Your iDevice’s Jailbreak, Turn A Blind Eye To iOS 7 (appadvice.com)
- Geek.com interview: Jailbreak hero Jay Freeman (you know, Saurik) (geek.com)
- Jailbreak your iPhones gives you Benefit or not?? (mobilepundits01.wordpress.com)
- Jailbreak of Apple’s iOS 5 beta gets Redsn0w update (reviews.cnet.com)
- First Look: Cydia On iOS 7 [Image Gallery] (redmondpie.com)